Followers

Thursday 5 May 2011

Dylan's card and CES Challenge card

I made this card for a little boy called Dylan, He is a 9 yr old boy recently diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor (Diffused Pontine Glioma) His blog is here http://dylandshaw.blogspot.com. My family was so touched by his story I made this card for him, so we could send him some love. I found out about this story from Dustin pike's site where I got dylan's free digi, at the moment they have a great bug so dont miss out on it.

I combined it with the CES Challenge taking the inspiration from the picture they are using, I used the checked pattern and the brown of the bed to make the backing, and the shape of the bed, made me think of my cutter I used,  the brads to represent the knobs on the chest of draws and of course Dylan the dinosaur's nice green and the ribbon colour represents the green of the stems of the flowers on the table.

I do hope he likes it, im off to the post office to send it :-)


Thanks for looking and please go over to Dustin Pike and show your support for Dylan

Happy Crafting
Mike and Sarah
xxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. very cute card Sarah and Mike! I am sure it help to make his day when he gets it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card - love the gingham. Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dylan will love this cute card! Thanks for joining in the fun!

    Kerri
    DDS Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah and Mike .Very kind of you to give of your time to make and send this card I am sure it will be loved .
    It is such a fun card , so bright and cheery .
    Hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job and what a kind thing to do. I'm sure it will be much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete